Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend So Far!

We had a great time on Thursday! We went to the Guthrie Theatre and watched A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was amazing! The scene and the setting were fabulous. The fairies actually came in on dangling lines from above. Oberon, the fairy king, came in on a zipline like thingie... and of course, the acting was amazing.

I laughed so hard I cried. Dd laughed too, as did ds and dh. We stayed the night there, and in the morning wandered the skyways. We also went through the sculpture garden which was gorgeous. We did go through the Walker Art Center... but didn't really enjoy it. It was full of what my son calls anti-art. Videos of people walking around the perimeter of a square, and a guy poking a coyote with a stick?? Just not what I think of as art.

Today we celebrated my dear mother-in-love's birthday. I think she had fun. I had to leave early to do some lecturing online, but the kids made a great sign for her that read... what happens at Grandma's ... stays at Grandma's. They had pictures of brownies, cookies, and bingo because she always takes them to play.

We also got our run in... I'm up to about a mile and a half of running. Getting better all the time! It is a struggle some days. I can tell already that I'm going to need to run early while it is still cool. Both ds and dd were very hot during the run.

Tomorrow... Dh is going kayaking, dd and ds and I will go biking. But first, we're going to the Memorial Day services at the VA hospital here. Then, we've got gardening to do!! I need to get more mulch around my flowers, etc.

Be Blessed

No comments: