Thursday, May 22, 2008

Grocery Shopping Coup!

It was amazing! You know how somedays things are going all wrong... last Saturday dd and I were on a mission to buy a gift for a niece's birthday party on Sunday. We found Hannah Montana stuff (which she adores) and were also going to pick up something for dh to grill that night. The price at the store we were at was unbelievable!

So we went to our local grocery down the road aways... I love this store. It's my favorite, but usually price comparisons are unfavorable at this location. Whoo boy! Not that day though... not only did we score porkchops at $1.39 a lb. They had fully cooked, just heat on the grill, bratwurst for $1.59 a lb.

We LOVE bratwurst here. This is summer grilling at it's finest. Any idea how many 10lb boxes we picked up?? ALL OF THEM THAT WERE THERE!! Yep. My freezer is stuffed with 50lbs of luscious brats.

I wonder what we'll have for dinner??

Grace

1 comment:

Moni said...

Alex, is dinner brats? LOL 50 pounds...wowzer!

I buy most all of our meats from the local grocery. I wait and go for the big meat sales. The meat is all cut on-site and is sooooo much better.