Monday, May 19, 2008

Prince Caspian...

Yes, it was opening weekend... yes, I had to go. I loved it. My husband loved it, my teen son loved it, and so did dd, although, I must warn you there were scenes that brought tears to our eyes.

This is much different than the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The world of Narnia is different, but so are the children. They've changed a bit... and for those of us familiar with the whole series there is a bit of heartbreaking foreshadowing.

Sure, there are epic battles... but there are also epic battles being waged within the characters themselves. Do they follow their friends? Do they wait for Aslan or try to accomplish goals on their own power? There's even a bit of temptation faced by some of the characters...

This is powerfully evocative movie and if, you are okay with movies... I whole heartedly and unreservedly recommend this one! But... it is 2+ hours so go to the bathroom first, and don't order the large drink!!

Be Blessed!

3 comments:

Mamame said...

Is that last comment about the drink coming from experience?? LOL

Do you think a 5 year old is too young for it? Jo and Rob have seen Narnia and love it - not sure if this will be too much for Jo.

Unknown said...

Well, there is much more death, and it is quite clearly because the characters have gone ahead on their own steam... I know Tasha cried... but I don't know Jo... it's vivid... not gory.

And... yes that was based on personal experience...

Sheree said...

I can't wait to see it. I have been up in the air about taking the younger ones, but definately the older ones will be going (they want to see it too LOL)