Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy All Saint's Day!

Today's scripture and prayer time brought me to Isaiah 29:16 "You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me?" Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing."?

Again, thought... we are in dangerous territory, it seems when we start thinking. I remember the words of C.S. Lewis in The Screwtape Letters... Screwtape instructs Wormwood that it really doesn't take a great sin like murder or adultery... a "little" one like pride will do to turn their "patient" from his hateful Christianity.

What causes some of us to have this intellectual snobbery? To think we are self-made people...

Lord, help me today to be aware of my thoughts... to take each captive. Help me to avoid hubris and the idea that I know best. Help me to seek You and Your will in my plans.

Amen.

May the Lord be with you!

No comments: