Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gloom Despair and Agony on me... and Dh's Birthday!

Well... not me personally!! Ds threw his knee out and sprained it but good. The poor kid has been in a lot of pain. He's got a massively huge brace with hinges, and with buckles to hold it in place quite tightly.

I think he's doing better now... he can walk which is such a blessing. He's still experiencing some pain but it seems under control. We were blessed and were given the athletic training price on the brace. 144.00 instead of 200.00!! That was really a nice thing for them to do, since our insurance didn't cover it.

Meanwhile, dh is feeling all icky nauseous, and he's running a slight fever. I'm worried about the poor guy. He really hates any kind of sickness especially this one. I'm so sad that he's sick.

Dd and I appear to be holding the line. Neither of us, please Lord let it continue so, have been hit with illness.

Don't you just hate it when your family is sick??

But... Dh's birthday is on Thursday. My plans? I'm making him lasagna, garlic bread, cesar salad with cherry tomatoes, and a cheesecake drizzled with chocolate. I'm buying him a bottle of good whiskey-- scottish of course, because, well... the man is a fanatical Scot. I'll also give him gifts of a more *blush* intimate nature.

Hey... we're married, and have been for 15 years... this is what God intended it to be, a beautiful expression of love for one another. I'm not going to go into details... but I'm not going to pretend that it isn't a part of life either.

The only question is... will he be well enough to enjoy it???

1 comment:

Sheree said...

Hope your dh had a wonderful birthday!!