Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 5 of the Morning Challenge!

So... today I started by firing up the old biblegateway and started looking for thought/thinking etc. I did that simply because now I've seen how important thoughts and what we think really are. These little things not only impact how we behave, but also our witness and how we portray Christianity to this fallen world.

What should we be thinking about? Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

That is what we should be thinking about. So, where does, for example, celebrity gossip fall? Is it true, honest, just, pure lovely etc... I think the conclusion is NO! So should I hunt down the latest issue of People magazine to read the latest about the gals featured there so prominently? NO.

Should I spend time thinking instead about soap operas, romance novels, bodice rippers or not... that distract me from putting time into my own marriage and can cause feelings of dissatisfaction there? NO

I really need to change my thinking. And, I will, with God's help.

May the Lord be with You!

No comments: