Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 3 Morning Challenge...

This morning hurt more than normal. Dh left early at 4:00 a.m. I saw him off, made him coffee and sandwiches for the trip... he won't be back til Sunday late. *WAH* I know, I know... I'm a huge wuss... but I miss him when he's gone.

This is also Reformation Day for those of us in the Lutheran Christian tradition. What a tremendous change to Christianity... Martin Luther is one of those people who proves that a single man or person can change the world. "Here I stand I can do no other! God help me." If you have the opportunity... check out Luther online.

Ah... quiet time. This morning, like I said, I decided to focus on the thoughts... wanting to get a clearer picture of what was going on in my head. I did a search using Bible Gateway for the word, "thoughts". Oh my! It turned up lots of references!

Psalm 13: 2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?

Over and over again, the Psalms alone point up how our thoughts can and do direct us. We are in a battle with our own nature. With our own thoughts... If we are to take all thoughts captive as 2nd Corinthians 10 exhorts us to... we must first be conscious and aware of what we think.

We must also be concious and aware of what we put in our heads... the old principle... Garbage In Garbage Out applies to computers and to that most advanced computer in our heads.

May the Lord be with you! and Happy Reformation Day!

No comments: