Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 7 of the Challenge..

Yes... I know... it's day 8. LOL!! Ah well, we were busy yesterday with dd's dance and church and all. It was lovely. So... let me share with you the scripture I meditated on yesterday...

Psalm 149:3 ... Let them praise His name with dancing...

And so they do... why do we sometimes think that there is only one way to pray? I've been to churches where pastors get downright offended that me and mine don't hoot and holler... been told if we can hoot and holler over football we should be ready to hoot and holler over God. Well, you know what? We DON'T hoot and holler over football either.

It just isn't our style. So there!! However, we do praise with liturgical dance, we do praise with quiet meditation and devotion. Just because worship styles are different doesn't make one wrong and one right...

====

Today:

My devotion was just funny. Dd pointed out to me that there is a Proverb that says that a man who gets up early and loudly blesses his neighbor is really cursing him!! She said God put that in the Bible just to keep her brother from being annoyingly overly cheerful all morning! LOL... now I'm not sure that's the reason... but I did have to laugh...

Grace

No comments: