Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 6 of the Challenge

You know... I bet you thought... oh it's the weekend... she'll sleep in today, right? Well you were wrong! I am so into this challenge, that... oh... face it, I'd still be in bed but ds... has a debate tourney today. He had to be there at 7:30 a.m. so, as is usual... I got up... got him up, and got breakfast.

Now, I'm doing my devotion and going to sleep in with dd until about 11:30 or so I think. Doesn't that sound delish!? I am fried, people!!

But... devotionally wise, today... well, in light of some recent discussions on my favorite board of all time... Prairiehomemaker at least I believe that is why the Lord drew me to this passage...

Galatians 6 2:5 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else,for each one should carry his own load.

I had to change the color... That needs to pop!

What a concept! Stop comparing ourselves and test our own actions against the Bible. I am in awe of this passage. I'm guilty of it. I worry that others will look down on me for being a public schooling, work outside the home, professional Christian Mom. I wonder what they think of my celebrating Halloween, and Christmas, Easter, and St. Andrew's Day... and the 5th of November, and... and... well...

You know what... I'm done. I'm going to worry about myself, and test myself and my own actions. I'm not looking to be better than anyone else... I want to be responsible for my own load. I want to be sure that *I* am doing what is right... and unless others ask for my opinion, advice and reasoning, I'll let it go.

Grace

1 comment:

maggie said...

Amen! Enjoyed reading about your challenge. 'Morning by morning, new mercies I see'