Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday Museday and Menu Planning Monday procrastination!

Menu Planning Monday a day late:

Monday: I had leftovers, kids and hubby headed to the in-laws for spaghetti and a look at pictures, which the kids forgot to bring with them. GRRRR!

Tuesday: Crockpot pork carnitas, tortillas, tomatos, onions, peppers.

Wednesday: Roasted eggplant, and garlic pasta ala Norma with cherry tomato sauce.

Thursday: Blackbean/left over pork/ and rice enchiladas with spinach salad.

Friday: Date NIGHT!

Saturday: chili dogs/ nachos (USF homecoming game!)

Sunday: Fend for yourselves (unless I can convince dh to grill something amazing!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the museday...

Embarking on new adventures is always a bit of a strain. I'm headed into a world I know very little about, but will undoubtedly find interesting. I've started EfM. Education for Ministry from the School of the South at Sewanee seminary. It's a distance learning project. I'm both excited about the possibilities and terrified.

I'm not at all sure that God has a call on my life for ministry beyond what I already do, but learning more cannot and will not do me any harm. I am hearing from others that He does, like Gideon though... I'd like to see a bit of fire from heaven before I commit myself. This is a four year course and I'm starting to study the Old Testament. I'll likely blog a bit here about my experiences in the course. However, what is said in the class stays in the class... so this will be my online journal if you will about my thoughts and reflections on the biblical material I'm reading.

Since I'm also working on my spiritual biography for the course... I may from time to time post a bit about that. I've got time, but I'm also a crazy overachieving wackjob so... we'll see what we get.

No comments: