Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Menu and Musings Monday on Tuesday! Woo-hoo!

Procrastinators of the world, unite... but maybe tomorrow!

I realized yesterday that Mondays have become chock a block full. Between the need to provide timely feedback to students in my classes, and attending Education for Ministry, and restoring the house from the inevitable chaos that visits each weekend... blogging just isn't a priority.

So... first the Menu, then the musings.

Monday: Ravioli, tomato sauce, green salads.

Tuesday: chicken and rice/ Arroz con pollo style with extra veggies

Wednesday: Stirfry veggies, noodles, beef/pork

Thursday: Spaghetti

Friday: Date night

Saturday: leftover spaghetti

Sunday: breakfast for supper-- eggs, sausage, salsa burritos

Musings--

The budget situation is truly just as dire as I feared. We can sustain ourselves as a church until 2015 at which point we will fade out of existence. My heart is broken about that. Still, I need to remember it isn't my church, or anyone else's for that matter... we are God's church.

What is His will for us? Are we asking? Are we instead trying to force our own way? I think some of us are. No, let's be frank here... I know some of us are. If we are to survive, though, we need His direction. So friends... please pray for the Church of the Holy Apostles. Ask that God would make His will for us clear and unmistakeable. Ask that we would have the wisdom to see which paths should be followed.

The second part of my musings revolves around, EfM course I'm taking. I truly benefit from this experience. First, it is exciting to be in a room of people with faith. Second, since so much of my work is done from home and on a keyboard, actual physical content with others is a blessing to me.

It's also eyeopening as I learn more about the Old Testament. I've never been very comfortable with the rules/law. I'm looking forward to gaining more perspective, and to being able to articulate what is taking place in greater detail. In other words, getting a better sense of who I am as a person of God.

The only way to understand that is to first consider who the people of God were when they were chosen. The people chosen to be the path through which Jesus would save people of all types and historical traditions.

My nervousness stems a bit from the fact that next week, I have the privilege/challenge of presenting my spiritual biography. I could use prayers over that. I tend to want to do and say the right things... and worry that my biography might not be "right" if you will. So I do desire your prayers for me over this.

No comments: