Monday, October 18, 2010

Tasha with psychedelic rainbow cake


Tasha with psychedelic rainbow cake
Originally uploaded by bgill_78

So... what does a feast day at the Church of the Holy Apostles look like? Well... it's pretty special. Our Easter Vigil culminates in a feast to end all feasts. There's lamb, there's salads, there's wine and cheese, beer, sherry... we are breaking a fast, and we do it with style!!

Last year was my darling daughter's first foray into contributing... and she made the world's most amazing four layer psychedelic rainbow cake. It almost matched her shoes.

Truth be told... this is what I'll miss if the church goes under. And it's looking mighty grim, friends. Mighty grim. I

I'll miss the people, but we'll still connect. I'll miss the ritual, but we can get close. I'll miss the building. What I'll truly miss though is the complete joy present in these celebrations.

Pray for us please, we desperately need it!

No comments: