Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Interesting thought-- How should we pray for those who don't love the Lord?

A good friend of mine posted an interesting thought on this the other day, and I've been pondering it ever since. It is NOT, I'll warn you a very comfortable thought-- but it is one that I think we might all need to face if, that is, we hunger for more revival than can be found by sending a donation to the ministry of your choice now.

She pointed out that Paul gives us some insight... 1 Corinthians 16-24.

21The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.
22If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.
23The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
24My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

in the KJV it is phrased as Anathema Marantha. Wow. In other words, that person should be cursed because the Lord is coming. Other translations have it that Paul prayed a curse on those that don't love Jesus. That isn't comfortable, is it? In all my time, I don't think I have once prayed for a curse on those that don't love Him. Have you?

Be Blessed!


Grace

2 comments:

Sheree said...

You know, I have never cursed anyone for not loving the Lord either.

Michelle said...

We're studying Psalm 35 in the Thursday night service at my church, which is an imprecatory prayer. Or a prayer for the Lord to judge and punish. It's one of thos things that you never think of. But this passage now makes 3 instances that I know of it in the NT.