Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Working Out Wednesday!

It's been a good week. I weighed in this morning at 196.6 Yay!! Down a couple of pounds from where I was last week, and feeling great. I really have more energy than I did a few pounds ago.

Dh has noticed the changes, too, and in a very positive way. My workouts for the week are:

Monday: upperbody circuit, and walk.
Tuesday: 2 mile run
Wednesday: NYC Ballet workout 1, and lowerbody circuit.
Thursday: 2 mile run
Friday: upperbody circuit, and NYC Ballet workout 2, possibly a stroll with dh later
Saturday: active rest
Sunday: 2 mile run

Of course, the thing is, you can't outrun or outwork a bad diet. In otherwords, all this exercise does me no good if I'm not filling and fueling my system properly with good, healthy, natural foods. I've embraced spinach, and greens of all sorts, hummus and veggies. Lean proteins, and tossed away the processed foods. Giving my body the fuel it needs gives me the energy to workout, and the ability to keep the exercise going.

It occurs to me that in some ways, this fitness journey of mine is a metaphor for our lives in faith. I can't eat junk, exercise and lose weight. I can't fill my mind full of junk, go to church, and really have faith. I cannot, in otherwords, outchurch a bad spiritual diet any more than I can outrun a bad physical diet.

I need to feed myself on His word about situations. Not what the news says, or what a televangelist says, or what a talkshow host says... I need to get my mind full of Him, and what He says. Now, I'm not saying not to read what others have thought of His word, heavens, no!! But we need to be discerning when we do that. For some reason, even though it's harder to read, C.S. Lewis' "Reflections on the Psalms", strikes me as more nutrition for the journey than Victoria Osteen's upcoming book.

It's the difference between sitting down to a meal of spinach salad, chicken breast, and assorted veggies, or a chili-cheese dog with fries. At least that's how I see it. I know that the world is out there, and that the Prince of this World, makes the other food seem so much more tasty... but, if I'm going to be consistent... I have to care about what I'm feeding my mind at least as much as I do about what I put into my body.

Lord,

Give me your wisdom and discernment. Help me see what offerings give me proper food to strengthen my faith, and encourage me. Let me see false doctrine when it appears, and help me to be vigilant about the things I feed my mind as I am about what I feed my body.

Amen!

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

Ella said...

Your doing fantastic Grace !
Congratulations.
Hugs, Ella