Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday!

Today... I am thankful...

1. There will come a day when I can't do what I do, but today is NOT that day. This thought empowers me on a daily basis. Don't feel like doing dishes or laundry... thank God, I can still do that for myself today. Didn't want to run this a.m., but guess what, today is not the day that I can't. So, thank you, Lord, that today is NOT that day!

2. Godly advice and counsel from true Titus 2 women who understand that teaching means building up. Criticism is never heard when offered from an unkind and uncaring perspective. We need constructive criticism in our lives... criticism that builds us up... as well as showing us where our weak points are. I am so glad to have that in my life from www.prairiehomemaker.com, and the blogs I frequent.

3. That my husband is happy in what he does. There was a time about 2 years ago when that wasn't the case. It was agony for him, and for us all. Thank you, Lord, for leading him to the position he has today, and for his happiness.

4. For hot cereal! It was cold out this morning and making a bowl of Red River cereal just hit the spot. Perfect!

5. For the time this morning running with ds. He thinks such deep thoughts, and only really shares them during this time. I truly treasure these moments with him.

and of course, I am forever grateful for the gift of salvation--freely given-- all we need to do is accept it.

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Ella said...

Reading your Thankful Thursday list , reminded me to be thankful this Friday. It's okay if it's a day late. It is refreshing to count our blessings.