Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Working Out Wednesday!

I ordered it today. The NYC Ballet Workout... I'm wanting something different than the exercise bike to add in for my non-running days. This comes highly recommended, and I'm told that it does look pretty but also kicks you in the booty. So... I can hardly wait...

Thus far... I'm doing great. 198.4 today on the old scale. Trending downward... a little more every day. :) It's a good week. I'm on track even though I went back to work this week... no missed workouts, no unscheduled food binges... so I'm feeling good.

Today's workout: 15 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on my stationary bike. That is getting easier. I may move that to 20 minutes on a regular basis. It feels good... and 5 more minutes can only help.

Afterward... upperbody circuit style workout. I started with:

10 knee pushups
10 bent over rows (5 lb dumbbells)
10 shoulder presses (10 lb dumbbells)
10 bicep curls (5 lb)
10 tricep extensions (10 lb)
15 ab/knee raises
10 shoulder side lifts (5 lb)

Repeated the cycle 3x. and then napped for 10 minutes... I was just wiped out.

As important as it is for me to workout physically... remember we also need to be giving our faith a workout too. Faith is hard to workout. There is such a climate of fear right now about the economy, about the $ stockmarket, etc. In all honesty. the verse that slammed itself into my awareness this a.m. was...

Matthew 6:19-21 19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

How sad. My treasure is in heaven, and I've let myself get distracted from that with the things going on on Wall Street.

Lord... forgive me my fear. Help me to remember, Father, that my treasure is not here on earth but with You in Heaven. Help me to make investments in the lives of others and to be more concerned with that than the fate of my 401k. Thank you.

Be blessed!

No comments: