Monday, October 29, 2007

Quiet Time with God!

Psalm 5:3 My voice thou shalt hear in the morning, O Lord, in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee and look up...

This and countless other verses express the importance of daily prayer time and time with the word. Recently reading Laine's Letters, I was reminded and convinced anew of the importance of having this time with Him. More than that, I've begun to be convinced that the morning is precisely the right time to spend with Him.

Sure, part of it is because He created coffee and the smell of the roasted bean offering must be pleasing to Him, right? Part of it is because I read over and over again the exhortation to spend time in the morning. Part of it is because Jesus stole away to pray. How many times do we read the Lord's prayer but forget to follow His example and pray in the morning?

Now, is morning the only time... certainly not! We are told to "pray without ceasing" but we are also told to take time alone and pray. Personally, I think I do better trying to pray without ceasing every day if I take the time to get alone with Him in the morning.

My challenge to myself and anyone else who wants to join me... let's spend time in prayer in the a.m. I'll post daily what time... and what I read or learned... as a form of accountability.

If you're with me... let me know!

No comments: