Friday, October 26, 2007

Morning Musings!

There's something about a sunrise that just makes you feel close to God, you know? How could something so beautiful, so awe-inspiring NOT have a creator? It speaks to me. I'm reminded of the words of Fernando Ortega every time I see one...

This Good Day
Morning sun and morning glories
Pouring down the hill,
Through my window
I can feel the ocean breeze.
Noisy sparrows fill the oak trees
Swallows can't stay still,
And in the glad commotion
Lord, You speak to me

Chorus:
If the rain clouds come
Or the cold winds blow,
You're the one who goes before me
And in my heart I know
That this goody day
It is a gift from You.
The world is turning in its placebecause You made it to.
I lift my voice
To sing a song of praise
On this good day.

I will walk to Woodman's Cove,
The fishing boats are leaving
,Seagulls follow just above the water.
I will wait until the sunset
Brings them home again,
Rigging lines and anchors in the harbor.
Repeat Chorus

This is one of my favorite songs to listen to in the morning. It sends me off to my day reminded of all His gifts and benefits. I try to make it a part of my morning routine because I really do, like all of us, need the reminder... that weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

And it does. It really does.

So that said... May the Lord be with You throughout your day!

No comments: