Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 2 of the Morning Challenge!

This morning was early!! I wanted to get up before I had to wake ds. He had to be up at 6:15 a.m. As a result, my alarm went off... *beep* *beep* *beep* at 5:45 a.m. Can I just say, "OWIE?" If you think that means it hurt... well, it did.

Dh gave me a lovely warm soft robe last year for Christmas, so I snuggled into that and padded downstairs to start the morning offering of coffee... I hope it was a sweet fragrance for the Lord. It was the elixir of life for me.

I don't know how it is for anyone else... but as soon as I sat down with my Bible, and asked the Lord to bless my reading... suddenly, I was distracted. There were a million thoughts in my head. Oh, I should do this... and that... and the other 20 things that suddenly seem incredibly urgent. Just as I was getting up... I had words pop into my head... "For we take all thoughts captive..." Wow!

Thank you, Lord. What a great reminder... we take all thoughts captive because we have to!! I brought my focus back to Him and studied that passage... 2 Corinthians 10:5 and then the whole of 2nd Corinthians 10. I understand this so much better now. Our obedience is necessary, and we cannot be obedient if we let our thoughts go wherever they will...

I think tomorrow my quiet time will focus on going deeper about what the Lord tells us about our thoughts. I'm looking forward to growing more concious about what I am doing in my head. I also will be better on guard against the attack... I know, I know... some may think I'm being overly dramatic... but attack it was... to keep me from spending time with Him.

Thank you, Lord for a glorious morning... for time to spend with You and for what you are revealing to me. Amen.

May the Lord be with you!

No comments: