Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Terrific Tuesday!!

Morning...

I am just in the best mood today. I've been down and out with a cold bug for the last week... and it really sapped my energy and left me exhausted. It was awful. I found it hard to breathe, and would get winded going up and down a flight of stairs!

So today... when I was able to get out and RUN... it felt glorious. It felt amazing, and it hurt-- a lot. I'm thrilled that I haven't lost any off my time for a 2 mile, and thrilled to run with dd. It's such a joy to do that in the early a.m. hours. George Sheehan said... the hardest thing to remember in the beginning is that the race isn't about beating the other runners. The race is about beating the little voice inside you that wants to quit. Wow!

Talk about a bit of inspiration. So... that got me thinking... Paul calls our Christian life a race. He says that he has run the race. I wonder how often we get caught up thinking and wondering about beating the others in our Christian race... and we forget the race is about beating the little voice inside us. It doesn't matter if a sister can run the race faster or is slower than us, wears a running skirt or shorts... the race is really only about one thing. Beating the voice inside us that wants us to quit.

Not running or religion related: This week's menu plan a day late... eh, it happens!

Monday- mexican coleslaw, black bean and burger burritos.

Tuesday- crockpot beef stew, and hm biscuits.

Wednesday- bratwurst, sauerkraut

Thursday- Steak, grilled mushrooms and zucchini, garlic toast

Friday- Porkchops, green beans, and garlic toast

Saturday- beef brisket, greens, and garlic toast

No comments: