Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tackling it Tuesday!

Today's Tackling it Topics... first my omnipresent to-do list, followed by the tough topic o' the day!

To do: Laundry, dishes, put up window treatments upstairs after washing them this weekend. Make my list for Christmas giving, and put together budget for the Holidays! :)

Tough topic o' the day: I read a great blog (thanks, Leah!) on the importance of not rebuffing but rather encouraging our husband's romantic advances. Essentially the author discusses the impact of a healthy sex life on marriage. She does this much better and with more dignity than I could ever hope to have... I'm including the link here: http://www.makinghome.blogspot.com/

It made me wonder though.... how many other times do we say "no" to our husbands when we could really say "yes"? Isn't an attitude of "Yes" something we should cultivate in all areas of our marriage? Say for example, you've been planning a weekend at home to work on the house, and garden, etc., and your husband comes home Friday night and announces he wants to go camping with the family for the weekend. Do you say yes? Or do you say no?

Saying yes means you trust him to make good decisions. Saying no indicates a lack of trust, and of fear about his leadership and decision making. Now, obviously, there are times to say no... when we have a good reason to due to a check in our spirits about something, or because we feel extremely strongly about it.

However... I'm issuing a challenge... let's say yes more often. Saying yes is a beautiful way to express love, confidence and admiration for this wonderful man God has given us. I have been working on being a "yes, let's" girl for the last 12 years of my 16 years of marriage. I so wish I had been clued in sooner!!

So... when he asks... say, Yes!

No comments: