Monday, August 11, 2008

Running!

I am in love with this. I don't know why, or how, but it is a real joy to me. I feel both horrible and wonderful simultaneously. I am taking my body over, and making it mine.

I was able to run a full 5k on Friday. Can you believe it? Me, who couldn't even run a full city block in January... ran 3.24 miles on Friday. No breaks, no stopping for water, or to tie my shoe. Now, I'm not saying it was fast. I'm saying it was run. Took about an hour actually.

Game on people. Next year, I'm doing the Muddy Buddy somewhere... 7-8 miles of alternate biking/running and *ahem* slithering. Yep, an army crawl through the mud. LOL!! This is gonna be a blast. I'll have either Alex or Tasha as my partner.

Now we just have to decide where... personally, I'm for DisneyWorld!!

On another note... today is the day that Josiah (my nephew) will get his second opinion on the colon polyps, and possible actions to be taken. We'll be praying throughout the day that God blesses the doctors with wisdom and discernment, strengthens Tim and Sharon, his parents, and his sister Megan as well. If you feel moved to do so, please pray for Josiah as well.

Thanks and be blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Grace!
I will be praying as well
hugs
mel