Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Morning has Broken--

Wow... what a wonderful song that is!! I have it on my phone/MP3 player that I take with me on my runs in the morning. So after leaving the house in the pitch dark... just as the sun started to rise this a.m... it began to play.

What a joy that was! I really do treasure it. It reminded me of God's promise to us...that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5 The question, of course, is how long is a night?

A night, it seems to me, is not necessarily a literal night. It means that long dark slog for the soul. Something we all, I think, go through... at different times and for different reasons, and likely to create different results. What a promise that we cling to though-- that joy cometh in the morning!

I ran this a.m. with my dd and we had a good chat about school, lunch, the clothes her friends were wearing etc. We laughed, and huffed and puffed. And before the run was over... we were both rejoicing... because the sun was up, because we were alive and running.

Yes... getting up is not fun... but... joy does come in the morning.

Thank you, Lord!

Be Blessed!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sunrise is my favorite time of day. Next is evening, supper with Beloved.

Thanks Grace, for reminding me just how special sunrise actually is
hugs
mel