Friday, June 20, 2008

Nervous!

Tomorrow is it... the big day of the R-A-C-E. Maybe if I spell it, I won't freak out as much. Nah... I still will.

I anticipate it taking about 45 minutes to run the 4k. I'm just short of a full of two miles now, and adding in another .14... eh... that's what I'm looking at realistically I think. It's a fun run so no real finish line... just a park... and a bunch of people.

My plan, having read up on race strategies for noobs... is to start in the back of the pack. I know I'm slow... so there is no sense in starting up front with the experienced, and local elite runners. I'm going to try to take it slow.

I'll eat -- nothing before the race-- and probably re-fuel afterwards like usual... some eggs, spinach and tomato... I've got shades, got a visor, ready to sun screen up... and butterflies in the tummy.

Since we are heading north to Itasca shortly thereafter... posting a pic at the close of the run... might take a day or two... but... so be it...

Iffen you think about... say a prayer for me... and

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Grace sweetie like i told you last night. you can do this!
You are after all Grace, named for the gift God gave us all!
hugs
mel