Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tough Days... and Thanksgiving!

Sometimes, in the midst of great joy and happiness-- there is a bit of sadness. As Joy Davidson Lewis said to her soon to be bereaved husband C.S. Lewis, "The happiness now is part of the sadness then. The sadness then is part of the happiness now." - Shadowlands.

I say that because in the middle of our Thanksgiving festivities we received a call letting us all know that my husband's grandmother, and my dear mother in love's mother had passed away. I grieve, not because I knew her so well, but because of the pain my hubby and mother in love are experiencing right now. I grieve also because, unlike his other grandmother, this one was not (to my knowledge) a believer.

I find this troubling on many different levels. At any rate... there is still much to be thankful for... and I hope you will understand if it is difficult for me to be online much in this next week.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh, Grace, I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family!

Ella said...

Grace..........Praying for you all.
Hugs, GG