Thursday, January 24, 2008

Letting Go and Letting God.

It's easy sometimes for me to dwell on past hurts. To focus on what someone may have said, and hold that in my heart... it is a daily, hourly sometimes battle for me to let go of a perceived injury. When someone implies that because I don't see a particular (disputable to me - commandment to them) passage in the same way they do that my marriage needs work, or I am sinning... well, it hurts. A lot.

I know part of the reason for that... at least for me... this person doesn't know me, doesn't know my marriage. And yet it hurts. But I forgive when an apology is made although they negate it by saying that they meant what they said... my struggle is in forgetting.

So... I will act as if... if I forgave and forgot... how would I behave? And while I do that, I'll keep praying for restoration of this relationship. I really value this friendship. And while I don't know that they'll ever get it... ultimately... it's up to Him. And, it'll be fun meeting in person when we get to Heaven.

Grace

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Grace,
I used to hold on to what other people did or said. I could hold a grudge, like no other. Then and only then, when I finally realized that they would never get it; did I finally stop putting so much wasted energy into that which I can not control.

Remember Grace, when you forgive someone, it does not mean that you forget what they have done nor does it mean you hold them less responsible. Forgiveness is about self healing.

Suzen

Sheree said...

Grace,
You haven't blogged in a while. I hope that things are going well for you, and that you have forgiven me for being an arse.