Monday, December 17, 2007

Planning CHRISTmas!

Decorating... it needs to happen. I've got all the stuff but life has been so busy here, I haven't had a chance to decorate yet. We'll be doing that this weekend. Doesn't it sound all festive and fun??

I have cedar garland for the outside stairs of my house, a gorgeous wreath to go around the antique-y light fixture above the front door, some holly garland (cheap-o I have to repaint the berries each year with red fingernail polish... but hey, it works) for on the mantel. And, of course, the tree.

I also will need to plan some baking. Not lots... just some. We need the peanut blossoms of happiness, the gingerbread men of hugeness, and of course dh's fave... the peanutbutter patties of Ritzness.

In the midst of all this hubbub, it's real easy to forget that I also need to be worried about decorating my heart... not just my halls. To that end, I've got the Beattitudes to put my spirit in the right place, the Nativity story, and nativity scene. I've also made plans to meet with the Lord every morning... after all He lives in me, and I need to make the effort to pretty myself up too...

SO... how are you decking your halls and heart this festive season?

No comments: