Friday, September 4, 2009

Frugal Friday!

Just a reminder to those of you with Saver's in your neighborhoods... Labor Day 50% off storewide sale is right around the corner. You definitely don't want to miss that! It's a tradition for my daughter and I. We hit the sale early, and then... Red Lobster for lunch.

Sometimes being frugal, though, means spending some money up front. For example, dental care! It is much cheaper to buy good toothbrushes, floss, and mouthwash with antigingivitis properties than it is to care for periodontal disease. Another recent example from my home... running shoes.

It is cheaper to buy an expensive pair of running shoes than it is to find yourself at the orthopod getting told that you should probably bike instead of run. And now an unsolicited plug... Asics.

Yes...they are spendy. I eeped at the price. But... since I can now run without horrible ankle pain -- obviously worth it. Asics Gel Nimbus 11 for the win. And I mean it. My feet do not hurt and that makes them a bargain. Cuz, I'll let you in on a secret... I don't intend to stop running anytime soon. :)